Sunday, June 5, 2011

Macau Day 6

Today started off great. I woke up at 0930 to see Dave and JX talking. I had only slept for four hours so I was sleepy. they went to eat breakfast and buy groceries so I turned on the computer to surf the net and download some BFP videos. after that i went out to eat some Egg Beef Rice and went back to sleep at 1200.

The aircon was so cool and comfortable and the couch was quite soft. So I managed to sleep for another 3 hours. I had no idea where everyone went but Dave went out to jog and BirdMan was talking about his bad beats/coolers at the 25/50 tables. I decided to grind out the FTP tables for 2 hours at 2-4/5-10 shallow tables and made quite a bit back. Almost breakeven for the trip at this point in time.

At 1800, Hao Sheng went to make extra keys so I took one and ate Chicken Masalah with Roti at an Indian Restaurant before walking to the Venetian. The scenery on the way there was quite pleasing to the eye and there's a huge lake in the middle with a lot of aquatic plants.

I arrived at about 1900 and bought the cheapest tickets to Cirque Du Soile. It was supposed to be 388 but the lady gave me a discount and charged me 330$, even when i didn't ask for it. the show started at 2000 and ended at 2130. Then I went to sign up at the venetian poker room waiting list again and waited for 1.5 h.

Someone suddenly approached me and he looked familiar. He asked me about online poker and I guessed he was probably Klonoa. I haven't seen him in 5 years since the last time we played in GXL 06. Now he stays in Macau 2/3s of the time and he's a live pro now. He averages 80k HKD a month which is a pretty nice salary. And he says that all of the nitfest regs make about 50k a month. Can't believe those skilless bunch of donks can make so much. All they do is to set-mine and wait for good cards.

1) I started playing at the 25/50 game for a single orbit and I squeezed right away on the very first hand with K5o from the BB after someone raised to 250 and a woman called. She called me again and minraised my 1000 cbet on a JXX board so I lost 2k right away.

2) Pot was straddled and I limp in BU with T9s. Board was K36s9X 3way and I b/c the Flop 300 and 800. The UTG limper who had KQ bet 1700 on the turn again and I thought my pair/trip outs might be good quite often so I called again, hoping he was bluffing.

At this point in time my stack had dwindled down to 12000 which was very nasty. I can't play well in live games when I'm not ultra deep. I switched over to the 50/100 table cos I wanted to play higher anyway and talk to Klonoa who was grinding at the table. A bunch of f-ed up stuff started happening to me.

3) Chinaman (didn't know he was Klonoa's room-mate)isoraise 2 limpers to 600, I 3bet to 1700 with QQ. He 4bets me to 4500 and I tank/fold. We had 12000 HKD which made it quite tough for me, and I had no idea how aggro he was because I had no history with him and from my past experience majority of live players have a 4bet range of KK+. furthermore I had no money left and I didn't want to go home so early so I opted for the tight fold. Klonoa then told me that this guy's range is wider than KK+ and that I should have shoved. He also pointed out that I shouldn't 3bet it in the first place if I wasn't going to 5bet. this may/may not be true. I think if i had called, another 2-3 limpers would have come along for the ride with the favourable pot odds.

Continued losing a bunch of small pots here and there.

4) Isoraise with KK to 250, 4 callers and pot is 5way. Board is JJ7rX and I opted to go for a delayed cbet. given how the players in late position didn't bet and how the early position guys checked again, i figured my overpair was the best hand and I bet 1500 into 2500. The UTG limper shoves over me for another 1200 so I was forced to call but i knew that I was beat here about 80-90% of the time by trip Js. he shows QJo

5) one guy limps in front of me, one poster behind me. I figured that there was a lot of dead mone to attack so I raise with 36s, both of them + the oldman fish called me. I cbet on a AAKs board with absolutely no equity and got called in 2 spots. I wonder if I should just give up. I think I would cbet AA5r board even if its 4way but not too sure about AAKs.

6) Borrowed 10k chip from Klonoa so I was full-stacked again. Isoraise with AA and cbet a 945r board but opponent didn't call the flop cbet

7) I check in BB with some crappy hand in 3way. Klonoa ordered some food for free since he was a reg and had some complementary stuff so he shared it with me. Some Siew mai + Yam cake with Chilli sauce. I look interested in the food which I felt would give me more credit if I made a bluff so I 2barreled on QQ7 board. I mucked on the river so I think villain had the 7 which shows he's a fish.

8) Aggro china guy squeezes my isoraise + a caller to 1500. I thought he was full of it and I 4bet to 3000 but he shoves after 5 seconds of thinking. FML

I'm left with 8000 so I returned 7500 to Klonoa and I will pay the rest through Ibanking. We were talking for a while at the side and he told me more about all the regs and how they grind it out at the casino for a living.

At 0300 I decided to go home

No comments:

Post a Comment