So yesterday (3rd June) JX went to sleep at 2100 and I slept at 2300. Since our sleeping schedules were so messed up we woke up at 0600 and the sun was already very bright. We decided to take a stroll in Taipa (the area I explored on my own earlier). Stopped by 7-Eleven to buy drinks, then we went to MacDonalds (again) to eat breakfast. I ate some Chicken Pasta meal which was so un-Macdonalds' like but it was decent. Costs 25 HKD.
We were done eating very early in the morning so we went back to Best Western lobby at 0800 to surf the internet. I was checking my mail and watched 1h of anime. Eventually Eldo came online on Skype and he told us we could go over in 10 mins so I proceeded to checkout. JX being the smartass thought that they wouldn't check the drinks in the fridge and he took a bottle of water. Too bad at the counter they charged him 11.50 HKD for it.
So we went to the apartment, I think it's called Guai2 Low3 Wan1 in Cantonese (Kingsville) and it's a very nice place. The design looks quite pleasant and simple, and the tiny living room has no TV but 5 nice couches which can be extended outwards like a first-class plane seat. We chatted with Eldo for a bit, and of course we had to share the bad beat + tilt stories. Also had some insights from him about transitioning to live, how patience was so important and also how getting a bit drunk might loosen you up and make you enjoy yourself more (so you don't get bored and spew away money). It was kind of him to treat us to lunch at the nearby Japanese restaurant. Ate some Fried Rice, avocardo sushi and salmon sushi while drinking some beer.
We walked back to the apartment and discussed about some softer sites to play at + I watched a little bit of Omaha action. he also showed me how omaha indicator works. it has a point system to rate the starting hands, very similar to what you would need in Razz or Stud (3 cards vs 4 cards) as compared to Hold'em (2 cards) where the number of permutations aren't all that many so you could just have basic charts for starting hands.
At 1530 Eldo had to go back to Zhu Hai cos his kids were giving his wife some trouble. he says that he travels on an Electric bike which goes up to 40km/h, they can't drive there but I don't know why. So we are left with Hao Cheng/Sheng/Eric (can't remember what his name was), some Filipino Chinese in his 30s, Claudia, a korean lady in her 30s, and Kevin (BirdMan), another coach from APA. Some guy called Dave/David/Davis (didn't quite catch his name) from the US but currently lives in Kalimantan with his Indonesian Fiancee, came over too and he's staying in one of the rooms. He says he's a losing/breakeven player at Cake Network playing PLO and FL at 50/100 playing 8 tables. Got all his money from rakeback and rake races. I think Birdman is going to show him how to use all the software tools to improve on his game.
I was playing some online again at FTP. Lost some at the beginning and stopped but I got really lucky at the shallow tables at 5/10 and also some NL400 FR 1 table rush (only had 6players there) and stacked some fish.
Once everyone was done we went to a Portuguese restaurant to eat. The taste was decent but the portions was too small and the price too high. I ordered some Battered Fish and it had many bones in it (didn't look like that in the pic). It costs 90 HKD and wasn't very filling at all.
We came back to the apartment again, to pick Dave up and we cabbed to the Venetian. Hao Sheng went to the Wynn to get some action on his own. We all put our names on the waiting list but 3 of them disappeared after that cos they wanted to chill somewhere else. I chatted with a few Singaporean guys on the couch while waiting, and read a little on Mahjong strategy in the magazine.
Finally got my table at 2200 and played until 0315. Then I got coolered top set vs straight again and decided I was tired + I might potentially tilt (though I did not think I would cos I was still up a lot + I was playing quite well and running hot).
I showed the address to the taxi driver and he got agitated. I kept saying "Wo Ting Bu Dong" (I don't understand but he continued speaking Cantonese to me. The Venetian guy told him something and then told me to get into the cab. After that the taxi driver mumbled some stuff to me again but I did not understand and I just smiled at him, pretending I knew nothing. Ignorance is bliss. My guess is that he was upset to pick me up because it was so damn near (only 13 HKD)
So now at 0430 I am typing this out on the couch. I'm prepared to sleep soon since I'm tired. JX being a noob retard wants to take a shot at the last Macau Cup event again. I on the other hand want to try some cash at the Venetian again tomorrow, but I want to watch a Show (Cirque Du Soile or House on Dancing water) before I leave macau. It was quite disappointing not to watch any show when I went to vegas. actually shows are quite entertaining, like all those I watched in London (Avenue Q, We Will Rock you)
No comments:
Post a Comment