I woke up pretty early at 9 after sleeping at 2+. JX was grinding SnGs online while I was sleeping and when I woke up he remained missing until 1130. Apparently he was grinding the NL10/25 cash games downstairs.
We headed to the cafeteria below the poker room and I bought shrimp dumpling noodles which costs about 35 HKD. After that we hung around the GL poker room for a while. Some PCA tour replays were being screened and I was watching PsychoBenny from pokerstrategy getting raped 3-handed.
At around 1230, Bryan Huang, Raymond Wu and Celina (team pokerstars asia) came down to the poker room. they were going to have lunch with all the package winners. Since I wasn't one of them I went back to the room to settle some stuff. Dr Eldo stays 2 rooms on my right and I went to visit his room for a while but he and his wife were tired so they went to nap while I headed over to the Wynn for some action.
So I stayed at the Wynn from 1330 to 2130, and lost HKD $11000. I also made a really long list of interesting hands today so here comes a huge wall of text
1) I registered on the waiting list so I was waiting at the side before I could play. I saw a hand where 2 chinese guys softplayed each other. The BB 3bets with AA and BU calls with 56o. Board was A24r78 and both players checked it down.
2) I squeezed 1200 over a 300 openraise + caller in Middle Position and the guy on my left calls with 66 after asking for my stack size (this implies he had some implied odds type of hand). Board was KJ9sK and I cbet 1800 into a 3200 board. I actually wanted to barrel the turn because I expected him to have a wide floating range here on the flop but the pairing of the King prevented me from doing so cos JX is not folding anymore.
3) Another case of softplaying - Same two guys (Xiao Wang and quiet nit) checked the river on QXXmXs, quiet nit had position and the nut flush but he checked back.
4) Fat Chinese reg (let's call him Orc) calls an openraise with JTo and I call with KQs, pot becomes 5way. Board was QTTsKA and I check/called the flop when he bets on the BU $2000 into a 3000 pot. He checks behind the turn and bets out 2500 on the river. I think he was going for some value and I really doubt he would do this with anything worse than a Jack. So i made a suicidal move - I raised to 11k after tanking for a while and it worked. I showed my hand KQs (Huge mistake esp when u are running cold). this first bluff worsened my image in future hands by a lot.
5) Xiao Wang, the deepest stack on the table complains there was no action and he blindly raises to 700. I woke up with A4o and decided to stab so I 3bet to 2000 to eat up some dead money. he calls me and I fired 3000 on the flop and 6000 on the turn on a T24J board. I might have fired the river if he had called cos I really doubt he was strong. I show my bluff and everyone was like wtf. Another costly mistake, this leads to the next hand which destroyed me
6) Xiao Wang raises 1100 in a straddled pot from UTG. I flat with AQs (3betting was also an option since we were 300 BB deep). Board comes out T35s2 and he c/raises 4500 over my 1500 bet. I call and I bet 7000 on the turn. He tanks for a while and check/shoves 30k after giving some retarded speech on wanting to gamble it up. I fold and he shows a 9 which means he was on a pure bluff. This tilted me a lot.
Right after this hand I was so pissed, i took the remaining 30k in my pocket to change it into chips. Then I brought it to the table and everyone was like WTF, they knew i wanted to gun for xiao wang's entire stack but too bad there was a buyin cap of 25k so I had to settle for that. I was down 5k+ at this time.
7) I call a 400$ bet IP with T8s and board came out Q9XsTK (I flopped a combo draw). Villain bets 700 into me and I raise to 2100. He donks out 2900 on the turn and I decided to call since I had some showdown value now + I couuld always make a move on the river. River was quite terrible for him and he folds after I bet a healthy size of 6500.
8) I openraise to 500 with QJs. Some aggro guy calls behind me. Board was TT9sXs and I didn't want to cbet this board because I might get bluff raised and I would have to fold. I figured I could pull some move to look like Im trapping with a monster so I c/c the flop when he bets 800 and I minc/r his 1300 turn bet to 2700 and he folds.
Lost $11 000 HKD, 7h 45min
JX came to find me since he busted out very early with Raymond Wu when they ran cold and he finished his nap. We then headed back to Grand Lisboa and I played for another few hours
1) I complete SB with A6o and it was a 6way pot. Q25s, one of the earlier limpers bet 300 into 600 which reeked of weakness. Two more guys called without much hesitation so I assumed they were all weak and squeezed 1400. it worked.
2) Filipino man donks into me after I isoraise preflop with JTo. Board was K456A and I floated his $500 flop donkbet and fired turn $1500 + river $5000.
3) Japanese limper from UTG limp/call my 500$ raise with Q7s. I have A8s and on a J75s4Q board, he snapped bet the turn and river, on the large side. I checked back the flop cos I thought I had no good fold equity there. I thought he was super polarized so I made the hero call,
4) I isoraise the same Japanese guy from BU with KJo (Ks). Board comes out TXX monotone and turn is the Jack of diamonds. I fire 700 on flop, 1500 on urn and 3500 on the river. He was realy suspicious of me cos I was isoraising a lot and even opening a decent amount from early position. He called and mucked after looking at my hand.
5) I call vs a tight UTG white guy's openraise of 300 with AKo. Japanese guy calls in the blinds with something. Board came out XXXKA (XXX being some middle cards) and I bet 650 on the turn after it was checked to me and 1700 on the river. He didn't really hesitate before calling so I think I should have polarized my range even more and went for more value.
4h 15min, lost $3000+
Overall my hero calls have gone wrong pretty often but my bluffs were mostly good so I should trust my bluffing skills more and stop trying to be a hero myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment