Summary
Positives:
-Learnt a lesson on the importance of patience and self-control
-Improved my live poker skills a little
-Met some friends in Macau
-Saw some interesting parts of Macau
-Heard from Eldo about some soft site + inspired to play some PLO for easy money on Ipoker
-More motivation to work hard and become richer
-Made $5300 USD online
Negatives:
-Lost $8000 USD in the live games
-Damaged my lungs by breathing in 6 days of 2nd-hand cigarette smoke for extended periods of time (7-8 h a day)
Poker
I definitely hate the smoke, and I hate running bad for live poker. At least in online poker u can easily put in a ton of volume and grind away your bad luck by reaching your long-term Expected Value in a short a of time. Also I get pissed off easily when I see players who are much more terrible than I am, getting lucky and picking up the right hands to stack the fish. Patience is something that I am lacking to a very huge extent. I feel that I'm growing old very quickly and want to print some money asap before the games dry up.
Macau
Some things you should know about Macau:
-Currency used is Macau Patacas and Hong Kong Dollars. I think cab drivers may even accept the Chinese Yuan. Exchange rate for Patacas to HKDs is almost 1:1, with 1 MOP = 0.97 HKD.
-Only HKDs can be used in Casinos. They will reject your MOPs.
-Macau has an airport so you can fly Tiger Airways directly there. Or you could go to Zhu Hai or Hong Kong and board the ferry to the ferry terminal.
-Best Hotels in the area are probably Grand Lisboa (5 star). Venetian's interior is one of the nicest but apparently the hotel rooms are only 4 star.
-If you want to stay in a cheap place, find a SPA and sleep there.
-Cabs are cheap (price is slightly cheaper than in Singapore). Starting fare is 13 HKDs and increases by 1.50 HKD
-Food is more expensive than in Singapore by a little, similar to US prices I think
-Tipping is unnecessary, no one ever does it at the poker tables because they already rake so much.
-Macau is divided into 3 parts. Coloane and Taipa (Cotai Strip) are where all the Casinos are located, very much like the Las Vegas Strip.
Expenses
Hotels are really expensive in Macau unless you go sleep in a Spa. Because I was leeching off someone almost every day, I managed to keep my expenses really low.
Day 1
Taxi - 68.50
Lunch in Casino (Beef Kway Teow) - 70
Tip for bell boy - 20
Dinner - 33
Hotel - Free
191.5
Day 2
Breakfast - Shrimp Dumpling Noodles - 36
Lunch in Casino (Beef Bristle Jasmine Rice) - 90
Hotel - Free
126
Day 3
Blizzard - 20
Curry Beef Rice Lunch - 36
Dinner - 85
Hotel - Free
141
Day 4
Cab - 39
Best Western Hotel - 500
Mac Donalds (Dinner) - 39
cab back - 17.50
Internet - 15
610.50
Day 5
7-Eleven - 15
MacDonalds (Breakfast) - 25
Dinner at Portuguese restaurant - 100
Cab - 13
Accomodation - free
153
Day 6
Lunch (Egg beef rice) - 26.50
Dinner (Chicken Masalah Curry with Roti) - 109
Cirque Du Soile - 330
Accomodation - Free
465.50
Day 7
Lunch - Vietnamese Beef ball noodles - 27
Drink - 16
Taxi - 25
Airport food - 15
83
Total Cost: 1770.50 HKD (281 SGD)
No comments:
Post a Comment