JX came back to the room at 0830. He has crazy sleeping timing. He whined a little about his losses and I went back to sleep. I woke up at 1300 and felt a little adventurous so I decided to turn left upon exiting Grand Lisboa. That area of Macau was less classy and well-developed but it seemed to be the heartlands. I saw a few Chinese and White students (I should think they are Portugese), and also a couple of residential areas. I came across a Dairy Queen shop and the woman was handing out samples. Being a greedy pig I took one and it tasted really good so I bought a medium-sized Blizzard for 20 HKD. I think it's some strawberry chocolate and they turned it upside down to show that it was well-frozen.
I walked across the street and found a small shop which was selling cheap meals (probably still expensive for Singaporean standards but really cheap compared to Casinos) and I bought curry beef rice for 36 HKD.
Poker at Wynn
I arrived at the Wynn at 1400 and I was third on the waiting list. It had over 10 players but the staff were still unwilling to open a new table and I had to wait until 1515 before I could start playing at 50/100. I must say I ran well but play badly. Also, another thing which I had to learn the hard way (and have my disciple tell me) is that tight passive fishes have calling ranges that are extremely price elastic, which is why all my huge potsize bets with the nuts always get no action. On the other hand, loose passive fish will call down regardless. I also need to remember to take board texture into account while selecting an appropriate bet size.
1) I raise from UTG with 77 to 400 and got called by 4 others. The board was JJJr52 and flop was checked around. I bet the turn 1000 into 1600 and checked the river. Aggro Baldie shows A7 with the backdoor flushdraw. Didn't really like his play cos I could easily have a boat and I wouldn't stab a 5way so readily, or i might be bluffing with the best hand (AK/AQ/AJ)
2) It was limped around in a 5way pot and I had 34o in the BB. Board was K256 doublesuited and I c/r the flop 2000 over the crazy TAG's 600 bet and bet 3500 on the turn. We were both 30k deep and he folds. Not sure if I should have bet slightly smaller cos I look super strong.
3) I isoRaised with 97s and got called in 2 spots. Cbetted the flop on 973s6, betting 1200 into 1500 and they both called me. bet 3700 on the turn and both fold.
4) Isoraised UTG with KJs to 500. AK5s79 board 3way and I hit midpair + flushdraw. I opted to check behind the flop. On the turn, Fat Rock (tight passive) leads out 1200 and bets 3000 on the river. I really felt he had the Ace so I folded. others commented that i probably had an Ace since i tanked on the river for so long but an Ace is the same as a King in this spot cos I doubt he would bet so large with a weak Ace.
5) Pot was straddled and crazy TAG raises to 700 with KQo. I call in the Hijack with AQs and everyone folds. So far this guy knows I have been quite aggressive so he checkraises me 2100 over my 700 bet, bets 5000 on the turn and bets 12000 on the river on a 925s8X board. Funny how all these crazy Chinamen keep doing these 0 equity crazy deep bluffs OOP. They either have a strong physical tell on me that I'm weak or they are just retarded. This hand was majorly tilt-inducing for me but I managed to suppress the tilt until later at Grand Lisboa (will be covered later on)
6) I decided to float the Fat Rock's cbet in a 3way pot on ATXs with KQo when he bets 1500 into 2100 and bluffed the turn to take the pot down.
7) I openraised to 400 with 68s and got 3 callers. Board was K69rXX (I had backdoor draws + bottom pair) so I decided to cbet 1100 into 1600 and 2 of them called me. Turn and river were blanks and we checked it down. The old white man shows A7s which was quite puzzling and other chinese guy mucks what was probably a straightdraw. I open my hand and happily take the pot down.
8) Crazy TAG opens from the BU with AJo and I 3bet from BB with Q9s. I was memorizing my hand (Q9s Q9s Q9s then somehow it became Q7s Q7s Q7s). On a 733s65s board I thought I had the pair and he would float me so I made a delayed cbet 1300 into 2500 and check/called the river cos I was pretty sure he was floating me with shit like ace high and he wouldn't vbet the river thinly. He announced "you win, I have ace high" I happily flipped over my cards and everyone was like WTF Q high??? I was very shocked and if I had waited for that guy to muck I could have possibly taken the pot down. I was distraught over this terrible play and tightened up a little after that to avoid any nasty tilt.
9) I isoraise to 500 with JTo vs a UTG limper and he calls. board was Q428ds9 and I 3barrel 600 on Flop, 1500 on Turn and 3700 on River. He calls me down with some Queen and I show my straight. I am not sure if betting the turn again was a good idea (though I could foresee him folding out a lot of 8X) but I would have probably bluffed some flush completing river which might scare him away.
0315-0745 4h 30min, +$5930
JX arrived after he woke up at 1700 and enjoyed himself in the Jacuzzi within the hotel bathroom for an hour or two. We went back to GL and I placed myself on the waiting list for the 50/100 game there. After that I went to eat Some Salted Pork + vegetables with Fried Rice (50 HKD) while he ate Shui Jiao Mian (shrimp dumpling noodles) again. We also ate some Pork, I forgot what it's called but it's really salty and tasty. So the whole meal costed about 85 HKD for me.
We took about 30 mins to eat our dinner and i was second on the waiting list but it still didn't move. It was only today that I realized that drinks were free so I drank 3 cups of Ice Milk Tea. It tastes EXACTLY the same as Koi and Gong Cha with not too much sugar.
I can't remember too many hands, but I'll post all the big pots.
Poker at Grand Lisboa
The Taiwanese guy from yesterday was sitting on my left again. A nice white man (who stays in Hong Kong) was sitting two seats on my right, some fat headphone wearing Chinese guy who might be from a Western country was sitting on my direct left. I saw him at the Wynn earlier. Then we have the Set Mining Japanese guy from yesterday (he really loves his sets and I know he limps all small PP preflop) 3 seats to my right. across the table we have a bunch of white guys who came and went, except one of them who mentioned that he stays in Thailand. Yeah I dislike this guy cos he was always making stupid comments about my constant raising lol.
So basically Japanese guy was your standard ABC TAG fish, very unwilling to make huge bluffs and usually has the nuts very often when he showed significant strength. Taiwanese guy and Fat Headphone guy were super aggro and were trying to run over the table at the start. So was I cos I'm a table sheriff by nature and I like to be in control (which proved to be the cause of my undoing). Rest of them were a little loose and passive pre, while being tight/passive postflop. Especially the nice old man on my right. I was having a good time raising all his limps and he even folded KJs which was super terrible, given that my isolation range is probably any two cards 9 and above.
1) Called KQs in SB in 4-5 way pot. Board came out KQ88X. I was a little afraid of the turn when I bet out and got called in two spots by some Chinese fish and the Fat headphone dude. After betting 1100 into 1500 on the turn, I bet 1800 on the river cos I felt that I would rep 8X very well if I had bet any larger so the Fat headphone dude called me with what was probably a weaker King.
2) Fat Headphone dude was running over the table, I think he has 3betted 3 times already. He squeezed the 2 passive white guys 1500 over their 300 bet and I cold 4bet to 3000 with JTo. He min5bet me to 6000 (we were 30000 deep) and I tank for 2 minutes before folding. I was counting the seconds in my head to act as though I was just "raising to see where I was at" with QQ/AK. At this point in time my stack was down to 24k and I was feeling a little tilted.
3) This hand was MASSIVE SPEW and I am really regretful about this.
Fat headphone dude raises from Early position with QQ to 400 and I 3bet with T6s to 1500. Wanted to keep him in check again. He calls and board was KQJXX. I bet 2000 and called when he raised to 5000. Then he bet 3800 (very nice play by him) and I couldn't figure out why he was betting so small (probably to get me to call with AK or potentially induce) so I minraised to 7600. He calls after 5-10 seconds of thinking. Now I should have just shutdown and gave up. Instead I ship about 12-13k on the river and he's getting about 20-25% pot odds to call on the river + he always has at least JJ so he says something like "this is my last hand but i have to call". He flips over his hand and the thought "WHAT HAVE I DONE???" was lingering in my head. Whole table goes "WOAHH" and I just smiled at them and headed to the cashier to get another 10k in chips.
This has got to be the largest pot i have ever lost in my entire career (along with the 250 BB 5/10 hand and also the QQ vs AA at 10/20 at Pokerstars). And it was misplayed at EVERY SINGLE STREET. I should have folded preflop. I should have bet/folded the Flop cos he's never checkraising with a middle pocketpair, and probably has twopairs, but more likely sets and straights. I should have folded the turn, cos he would have given up almost all his bluffs. And lastly I should have folded the river, cos the bottom of his range was JJ and it's suicidal to attemping folding out a set unless the board has 4 flush or straight.
After that Fat headphone dude decided to stay, in hopes that I would spew some money to him. I asked him why he was still there but he said after that huge hand he just had to stay on. I didn't, so he left after 1h+.
4) I pick up 22 in the BB and it was 5way. One guy leads out on 852s and another Chinese guy calls and I checkraise 1000 over their 300 bet. First guy folds and second guy calls. I purposely snapbet the turn 3000, trying to act tilted but I think this was a massive mistake by me. If i had taken my time to bet and actually fired a smaller bet, I would have gotten a second call pretty often. But by polarizing my range, I am threatening his entire stack with my quick action and I think he wouldn't feel comfortable calling the turn if the chances of me betting the river was super high.
At this point, the fat headphone dude left so I took his seat. Some Norwegian online grinder (who now stays in macau to grind live poker) sat on my left. He was there yesterday too. I heard him mention to the Taiwanese that he has been staying in macau for the past 1.5 years so I asked him if he plays cards for a living. He shrugs and replies, "Maybe." So it was pretty obvious he did, cos young white guys who hang out in casinos regularly are definitely regulars. Then he asked me if I was an online player. I think it's pretty obvious, given my aggressive style and young age. Most people my age would be more passive and playing lower. We talked a little about poker and he said he played 24 tablse 2-4 up to 25-50 but was breakeven. I asked him for his screenname but he declined, stating that i might know his style. i don't really recall any norwegian at MSNL though.
5) Norwegian raises with some 56s/67s and tight passive white guy raises to 1000. Norwegian had only 10000+ but he calls anyway. Board was 567s and he check/shoves vs the other guy but a king came on the turn to give him a set. I asked the Norwegian whether he had a set cos I figured it would be stupid to call the 3bet OOP when stacks were not deep and when the other guy's range was super narrowly defined as QQ+.
6) At the very next hand, I open 88 and the same guy 3bets me to 1200. I call another 800 and flop came out T8Xs. He bets 1500 and I check/shoved too, thinking that he was never folding his super likely overpair. He says "I don't want to gamble" and folds. I might have misplayed this hand, should have probably made a mincheckraise vs this tight passive fish. My guess is that he would checkback with AK and he probably had JJ in that spot but I can't be too sure.
7) 3-4 limpers, including Japanese guy. I isoraise from sB to 800 and Japanese guy asks me for my stack size (clearly trying to look at his implied odds). I told him I had 10k and he folds after that. Then I told him he was trying to setmine and he laughed, admitting that he had a small pocketpair. I would never pay him off anyway cos I did accurately hand read his holdings twice yesterday when he limped/called and the board had 2 low cards.
After a few more ups and downs I made back another 3.5k. Still felt super terrible but we had to checkout at 1300 on Friday so I went back to the room at 0230.
5 hours, -$25000
I'm down 6k USD for the trip but fortunately I played a little online today when I woke at 1000 hrs. earned maybe 40% of my losses back? I got really lucky, winning two preflop all-ins with AA vs KK and AK vs KK. I'm not too sure about my exact winnings cos I forced myself not to look at my cashier when I was playing and even after my session. Path to poker nirvana is still so far away.
of course I post my sad story in the forums as always, and TwiceT the mindset guru points out that my biggest flaw is my lack of patience which is 50% true. other 50% is that I try too hard to fight against the other guys and don't know when to show restraint.
No comments:
Post a Comment