We checked out at 1330 and my friend actually deposited 3000 HKD but those scammers only returned 2000, claiming that they only accepted 1000 or 2000 deposits and that it was not in the record. Either my friend screwed up and recalled the deposit amount wrongly, or the receptionist is a cheating bitch. We then took a cab from our side of the island (can't remember what it's called) to Taipa which is in the midle of Macau and is closer to the airport. The Cab costs 39 HKD (5 USD). After checking our stuff into Best Western (stupid internet site said it had free wireless internet but it doesnt), we went out immediately. My friend headed back to GL for the tourney but he dropped me off at the Venetian first.
So I went to play at the Venetian today. I played really well, so far it was the best day for me. I did not make any bad play as far as I could remember. Ended the session down 9400 in 3 hours at NL 25/50, because I lost KK vs AQ on KJTXX board where the dumb slutty looking HK girl could easily be stacking off with KJ/KT/JT/JJ/TT when she called the flop and shoved the turn. 6000 gone from this hand. I also lost 77 vs 68s on a K75s98 board and 8000 goes down the drain after that. Villain bets out 800 into 1600 with his OESFD in a 4way pot and c/raised the turn 5000 over my 2200 bet. I thought he was already allin so I flip open my cards on the river (but he had 2000+ left) so I did call anyway, knowing i was probably screwed by the straight. Other than that I hit sets another 2 times but did not really get paid off. Like I had 22 on a A2XA board and I potted the turn in a 3way pot, being very confident that at least one of them would have an Ace but they both folded.
The smoke was worse today, at one point all 6 of them were lighting cigarettes. I also explored some of the Venetian and took a few pictures sneakily. There's this Venice-themed shopping area inside, with the river + bridge + boat combo. Exactly the same as the Venetian in Vegas. It also has the Cirque Du Soile (don't remember the spelling) which costs 388 HKD (50 USD). I might want to watch it tomorrow since I really don't feel like gambling anymore.
After I was done with that, I went to the City of Dreams/Hard Rock to explore the place. They have another show there, but I can't remember the name. I ate MacDonalds again and wandered around the Casino, looking for the poker room but apparently it was closed today. The woman kept directing me back to the Baccarat tables.
I left the place at 1800 in a cab which costs 17.50 HKD. Went back to my room to discover that there was no internet. If I had known earlier I would have continued to play poker at the Venetian. So I went to explore the area nearby and walked past many shops. I even entered the park and watched 2 men play Chinese Chess for a few minutes. They each had an Elephant, a Cannon and a horse, and a foot soldier and it was stalemate after a couple of moves. Some little girl was trying to watch the game but all the old men were blocking her view and she whined to her father/uncle/some random man.
I was still looking for an Internet Cafe but couldn't find any so I came back to Best Western at 1910. So here I am in the lobby, paying 15 HKD/30 min typin this out. I'm trying to contact my friend so I can go visit his place but there's no skype here so I'll probably go back to my room to watch some TV, then I'll check out tmr.
No comments:
Post a Comment